In 1873 the Ashby and The Ashby and Nuneaton Joint Railway opened a line through Market Bosworth to Ashby De La Zouch. The station and station house were opened later that year.
Market Bosworth station remained open for less than fifty years as a full station and was finally closed to passenger traffic during World War II. The railway line continued in operation until it’s final closure in 1965.
The station itself was closed in 1966 and the following year Station Garage was born. The garage continues to serve the Market Bosworth community and the surrounding area to the present day.
The magnificent Thompson B1 (MAYFLOWER) near Market Bosworth
Picture courtesy of Norman Bates.
More excellent pictures at his website www.normanbates.co.uk